Some posts about snails in the cray tank

Some posts about snails in the cray tank

Postby Craw Chief » April 8th, 2013, 10:20 pm

, 'snails in my cray tank', 'I''ve noticed that there are two really small snails in my 20 gallon crayfish tank. i believe they came into the tank when i put my hornwort in. Does anybody know how big they will get? I know they may become a snack for my alleni but i''ll take the chance. Also, How long will it take for them to grow to full size. The snails, that is. I do think they are Apple Snails. Thanks for the help.'

'i would be surprised if they make it to adulthood. your cray will probably eventually have them for a snack

'try apple snails and no light accept for natural or room light but not directly on the tank

'when i had a koi tank i got a plant contaminated with those snails. they never get bigger than what you''re seeing right now.... maybe 1/4 inch. i fished them out and put them in their own little container and watched them for a few months. but, your cray will probably eat them before they breed and overrun your aquarium.
Craw Chief

Re: Some posts about snails in the cray tank

Postby admin » May 7th, 2013, 1:04 am

Snails can be a major pain, I would suggest letting the crayfish take care of them before an infestation starts and you have to buy assassin snails.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Blue Crayfish Forum Archives