Crayfish Maiting

Share your experiences.

Crayfish Maiting

Postby admin » September 22nd, 2012, 1:16 am

How do you know if a mate was a success? Is the proper position of the couple the only thing to go on?2. How long for Allenis after they breed can you see signs of eggs?3. Is it better to move the male in with the female, or the female in with the male? Is this a short process, I assume you watch the entire time. 20 minutes, an hour, just trying to get an idea? I may add more questions as I think of them, I’d rather learn from others mistakes than to keep making my own:)ot, going Cray fishing today, the wife thinks its funny.

Reply:
Just make sure u witness them mating and hope that the male has the right goods :) and is not a dud. 2) First u separate the male after they breed a few times and then eggs should appear under the female’s tail right around a month’s time. She will go into hiding right before she has the eggs and she will remain in hiding most of the time until the eggs hatch. Feed her less then you usually do because she will not accept as much food, because she will not want to molt loose the eggs. 3) It is better off to move the female into the males tank because sometimes the female is a bit more aggressive.4) It should only be about 5 minutes. But some of mine have lasted around a half an hour. My clarkii seem to mate the shortest. Good luck with the mating and Cray fishing!!!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crayfish Maiting

Postby Bennie1961 » October 6th, 2012, 12:27 am

Awesome information, many thanks to the article writer. It’s understandable to me now, the effectiveness and importance is mind-boggling. Thank you once again and good luck! good luck
Bennie1961

Return to Crayfish with eggs or babys